Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 18, 2008

Back in Business

After an extended Christmas break, we are back in the quilt making business at Margaret's Hope Chest. I used the time to work on a few of my own projects, catch up on my family scrapbooking, and of course, hang out with my family. All of that is over now, so......here are two new quilts I put together this week. The top one I really like because it is cute and easy and fast. It is a great way to use up some of the large novelty print fabric that has been donated. The bottom quilt is made of 8-inch squares. Easy. Quick. Cute. I guess that is the theme for the day.
A quick update on quilts that have been given away. Our official number is 12. Recent recipients are a new baby born with Spina Bifida, a friend of my aunt's who is struggling with cancer, a young man living in a nursing home with Cerebral Palsy, and 5 families coming out abusive relationships. God is bringing us into relationship with many deserving families. It is still our prayer that these quilts will be a visual reminder of the hope that is found in a caring community.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: