Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where to Begin?

Two months ago, when I left for my summer vacation I never thought it would be this hard to be away from the blog. I missed showing off quilts and telling the stories of HOPE and comfort that our quilts can bring....I have missed some opportunities to spread the word about Margaret's Hope Chest and our mission....but, I am back now and I have so much to tell I hardly know where to begin.
Well, I will begin with sharing a picture of just a FRACTION of the fabric that we received from a generous donor! We have already started using it in our quilts....AMAZING generosity--thank you!




I was able to finish off some tops that I made this spring. I forgot to bring my free motion foot with me and so I was able to perfect the straight-line quilting technique :)



Maybe some returning readers remember me asking for help finding little custom made labels....well, though the help of one of you, I found a Joan on Etsy who made just what I was looking for. When she read our website and blog, she donated 200 labels to Margaret's Hope Chest!!! Wow, that was a surprise blessing. Thanks Joan!!! If you would like your own custom labels, visit BitsyCreations on Etsy. I used the first 30 labels to customize these pin cushions--how fun!



No comments: