Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 27, 2012

Prison Visit Tomorrow

Hello dear friends! Did I forget to mention that I am taking the summer off from all things computer related?  Sorry--things are always a whirlwind when I pack up 6 people for a 3 month vacation! 
Vacation from my computer does NOT mean vacation from Margaret's Hope Chest.  We have been busy finishing quilt tops, sorting blocks from the Project Hope 3 collection and preparing for our upcoming work party.  Phew. 
Tomorrow is going to be a GREAT day at Cooper Street Correctional Facility in Jackson Michigan.  Thanks to so many of you I have 85 quilts to take into the prison and share with the children visiting their dad for the day.  We have no idea how we ended up with 85 quilts---just a few months ago we had only 25.  Our volunteers are the best and we thank our great God for leading them to us. 
A few other updates while I am here:
Project Hope blocks are still coming in and they are great!  We are collecting until Aug.20th.  So far we have close to 900!!!!  Thanks to so many who have helped!  You will love the outcome.  If you still want to join the details are HERE.

Our summer work party with Amanda Jean is Saturday, August 25th in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  Details are still being finalized and will be sent out to people who have e-mailed me next week--I have to get through this prison giveaway first.  Thanks for your patience--I am being stretched in MANY different directions this summer (all good) and can use all the grace I can get.

Once again, we are thankful for all of your support, prayers and quilts.  Together we are spreading HOPE and comfort!

3 comments:

KaHolly said...

Hope you are having a nice vacation. Thanks for the update for Margarat's Hope Chest. What a wonderful gesture...geez, 85 quilts. That's just amazing.

Bret Keefe said...

I wish I were closer to help with the prison visit!!!

SeeLifeMarvels said...

Wish I were closer to help with the work party. But, now that the deadline's been extended, that means more blocks can be made.