Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This Week's Piecing and Quilting Projects


 I don't know about you but when I am facing a deadline (in this case, a three month vacation in Michigan away from all of my sewing supplies and fabric in Bermuda) my creative juices start flowing at an alarming rate.  I become a bit frantic to finish up all of those projects that have been gathering dust in the sewing closet.  
So when I started this 'Bermuda Triangles' quilt top two weeks ago I was a bit nervous that it would distract me away from all of the other things that I should be working on (cleaning, packing, finishing up our homeschool year).  And it did. But I finished it in record time and now I will take it to the longarm quilter in Grand Rapids.  I can't wait to see it finished and bound.  There are exactly 1000 four inch high triangles.  It is made from the same fabrics that I used on the Bermuda Blues quilt.
This is a personal quilt--and I have plans for it :)



I received an e-mail last week from a mom asking if her son could be added to the 'Wrapped in Hope' birthday list.  Of course, I can never say no. The bonus was that she said his favorite things are baseball and monkeys.  I just happened to have both of those fabrics sitting around and with a little help from 'Cluck Cluck Sew' I whipped up this Double Hour Glass top.  


I also had two baby quilts that needed to be quilted before I left.  
Some of you may recognize this block--the Swoon Block.  
I jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago and bought the pattern and without really paying attention (or reading the directions) chose some fabrics and made this block. 
And then I hated it.
I went to the Flickr group and realized that if I had read the directions and SLOWED DOWN my block would not have turned out looking like an enormous flower.
Well, that being said--I think it makes a perfect baby quilt.
It will travel with the other 25-30 quilts to Haiti where a sweet mother will LOVE it and take it home to her baby.






 I can't remember if I blogged about this finished baby quilt or not.  This is a mini Around the World quilt.  Fun to make, fun to quilt and I love how it turned out.
 Now, back to packing!!

4 comments:

Roslyn said...

Lovely bright quilts. I came to your blog through my friend Khris's post on her blog.

Amanda Jean said...

wow, Carin, you do amazing work! i love your bermuda blues quilt. i can't wait to see it quilted up. the swoon block looking like a flower is not a bad thing at all. i like it a lot! i still want to make a trip around the world quilt, too! so many quilts, so little time. :)

beth said...

your triangle quilt is simply amazing! the colors so fantastic!!

Victoria Brown said...

The monkey and baseball quilt you made went to my friends son i was there at his birthday party and it arrived as we were eating cake it was very beautiful and Brayden loved it!!! Hers was also very beautiful!!I wish my daughters birthday didn't just pass because i would love one for her. Great work