Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wanna Help? Here's How!

So, you want to help Margaret's Hope Chest but you don't have the time or energy to make a quilt--I am here to tell you that there are still many ways to help us without making something new.

We accept the following items for donation:
- Fabric
- Batting - any type, any loft
- Partially pieced quilt tops
- Partially basted quilt tops
- Partially quilted quilt tops
- Orphan or leftover blocks

Great news, huh?
We use these donations to make quilts and also support other quilters who quilt for us (for example, there is a group of men serving life sentences in a prison in Michigan who make quilts for us--we give them fabric to use).  

Donations can be sent to:
Margaret's Hope Chest
630 Griswold SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
 our phone number is (616) 855-2862

One of the reasons I am posting this is because someone was nice enough to have alerted me to this post. Check it out!
UFO Sundays on the Free Motion Quilting Project

All of the quilts pictured below were donated--some came to us as blocks, some came to us as tops, some came to us as scraps.  We really do try to use everything we have been given to the best of our ability!






4 comments:

Lynn said...

Wonderful tops. I especially like the first one, it just shows what can be done with a small bit of scraps.
I spent this rainy morning finishing up some blocks and a couple of small quilts to send!

Leah said...

YAY! I'm so happy to find another place to send UFOs to! Thank you for linking up!

Mama Pea said...

Great stuff. I am glad you mentioned UFOs. I might actually feel better about getting rid of some if I had a place like yours to give them too. Thank you! I love that first quilt!

B said...

Wonderful organization you have and love the idea of the men in prison quilting, useful and creative.