Thursday, May 16, 2013

Quiet for the Summer--But the Work Continues!!!

Hello friends!
I wanted to let you know that this blog will be quiet for the summer.  Our family is headed to China in a WEEK to meet our daughter!!  I promised I would formally introduce her to you as soon as we could so here she is!
She is 2 and half and we can not wait to have a toddler in the house again!  If you are interested in her adoption story or in watching this trip unfold you can visit our family blog.
Of course, I had to make her a quilt:




In the meantime, the work of Margaret's Hope Chest will continue all summer!!
We have two very active programs right now that we still need help with.
1.)  A Mother's Hope--details here.
2.) Prison Ministry Quilts--Kid's quilts of any kind--recommended size 40X60 inches.  Boys are especially needed!

Please consider using a bit of your sewing time this summer to make a quilt for one or both of these programs. 

I appreciate those who quietly and generously help us all year long. We are so blessed.

Have a wonderful summer!!!

4 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Congrats on your new daughter ... she is too adorable. My cousin has a little girl 17 mo, Evy, who has Downs. She is so sweet. I can't wait to read more about your new daughter.

beth said...

Oh what fun! Excited for you and LOVE her new quilt!

JillB said...

When my brother-in -law and his wife adopted a beautiful 5 year old girl from China, I made her an "I Spy" quilt with all things American - not just patriotic, but also snacks and pasttimes, etc. I also made her pillow cases for each holiday and she LOVES them and insists that her parents change them each holiday.
Good luck - and congratulations!!

James Franklin said...

Free Social Media Marketing where Every thing will be Free, Facebook Likes, Twitter Followers, Twitter Tweets, Twitter Re-Tweets, Twitter Favorites, Google Plus Followers, StumbleUpon Followers, Youtube Views, Youtube Likes, Youtube Subsribes, Pinterest Followers, Pinterest Likes, Pinterest PinIt, Free Website Visitors.
Just Join now and Free Increase your Social Media Networks.
GetLikeFast.com