Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 6, 2013

Someone Give Me an Award!!


 I am back with my third 'Finish it up Friday' in a row!!  I am still on summer vacation but it looks as if all good things must come to an end because our homeschool curriculum arrived in the mail yesterday.  School starts on Monday! 

 This quilt top was finished in the spring but I brought it back to Michigan to be long-armed quilted. I loved how it turned out. I added the binding this week and now I believe this will belong to my youngest son Josiah.  He loves cars and all kinds of transportation (like most boys) and the quilt I started for him last year may never get finished.
 I collect all types of transportation fabric.  Every time I see a new print I snag a fat quarter or half yard.  I will have to show you my collection some time.

 I backed this quilt with a light blue voile.  I was concerned that it would cause trouble for the long arm quilter but she said it was fine.  It gives it a very soft feel.  When it isn't 85 degrees here I am sure Josiah will enjoy snuggling under this quilt!
I am linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday!!  Have a great week!!

6 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

what a great finish! I love the soft blue backing, the offset bricks and that your little guy will get a new quilt. that quilting is pretty fabulous, too.

I hereby give you a great finisher award! 3 weeks in a row is AWESOME!

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Sandy Panagos said...

That is such a darling quilt. The thread you used to quilt it looks great! You deserve and award AND a crown or something!

Lynn said...

3 Weeks!!! 3 Quilts! It's a terrific quilt, I love the variegated thread. I love the pattern, is it one of your own?

SherryB said...

YAY....you get an award from me too for finishing 3 in 3! And what a great quilt for a boy--love the fabrics.

Izzy said...

I love it! Such perfect fabrics for a boy. Great, great finish!

hoekstra family said...

I will give you an award! SUPER MOM, SUPER QUILTER, SUPER FRIEND, SUPER EVERYTHING!!! Great job. I can't wait to come see that quilt IN PERSON!!!!