Friday, December 13, 2013

Finish It Up Friday--A Quilt for Clara

 
I have five children.  Three of those children have completed quilts.  Two of those children have quilts that are 'in process'. This week I finished piecing Clara's quilt. I have had this fabric for well over a year but I could not decide on a pattern for the quilt.  I needed blocks that were big enough to showcase the matryoshka doll fabric.  I finally settled on this kaleidoscope block and am quite pleased with the finished product. It will be quilted by a professional :) and then it will finally be placed on her bed. 



 I am linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday.


10 comments:

amandajean said...

it's just beautiful, Carin! with 5 kids I have no idea how you have time to quilt at all! that's amazing to me.

thanks for linking up to finish it up Friday!

Nicole said...

Beautiful! I love how you placed the light and dark fabrics!

Christine S said...

This is beautiful!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

What a cool quilt!

Michelle@factotum-of-arts.com said...

It is a very beautiful quilt!!

A Nudge said...

What a great quilt. You didn't pick an easy block pattern either. Clara's going to love it.

margaret said...

this is lovely

Jennie said...

Kudos from another quilting mama with five kids! It's a beautiful quilt!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Looks awesome! Well done!

Cloud CouCou said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the colour combo!