Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

400!!!!!!

8 quilts arrived in the mail today which raises our total to 400!!! God is faithful folks and I will take a few sentences here to testify to it. In late July I walked away from the Grand Rapids Public Schools Administration Building knowing that there had to be a way for Margaret's Hope Chest to provide a quilt for EVERY homeless child in the district. I had no idea what that way was going to be.

N.O. I.D.E.A.

You see, we are a small operation. V.E.R.Y. S.M.A.L.L. Like me and my mom and 10 volunteers kinda small.

But God knew.

He knew that Jade from Craft Hope would choose us to be their 5th project.
He knew that Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts received a special quilt when she was a child and would have a soft heart for our project.
He knew that Jennifer Ackerman-Haywood from Craft Sanity and the Grand Rapids Press would take so much time and care in telling our story.
He knew that many of you would add our button to your blog-spreading the word further.
He knew that each and every person who sent us a quilt would invest the time and money needed to serve the children of Grand Rapids.
He knew it all and that's why today I can rejoice with you over 400 beautiful handmade quilts and quilt tops ready to be shared with those needing a bit of extra HOPE.

18 comments:

Rene' said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so great!!! Your organization provides such a wonderful service. Keep doing what you're doing.

beth said...

yes. God answers prayer! I'm so glad that you're able to give all those quilts away. A real, tangible, loving way to comfort a child!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations. I just dropped one off at the house today so that makes it 401!

~yolanda said...

Praise God!! What a wonderful testimony! I'm still working on a quilt that I will send in soon. I'm sure that God will have a special use for it. :)

Kathy McC said...

Our Lord is faithful and true. Always right on time with His plans. This is so wonderful!

Carol E. said...

You got exactly 400??? Amazing.

kelly jeanie said...

That is awesome!!

hoekstra family said...

I am SO Excited and proud of the accomplishment! Great job Carin - your Grandma is SMILING that's for sure!

Tamera said...

I'm SO happy for you! Congratulations on reaching your goal. What a wonderful feeling that must be.

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! Quilters are so very generous and you are an angel to pull all of this together. Well done!

Ellie/Gerard said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! On Nov. 1st when you wrote that you were at 137 quilts I wondered how you would ever reach 400! (Oh you of little faith!) This is very exciting! I'm sure you'll soon have more than 400 and then you'll have a start on your next project, whatever that turns out to be.

Amy said...

What a testimony! It's wonderful to see the response of so MANY. Brings tears to my eyes when I think about the extent of this blessing!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Congratulations to you for reaching your goal. It feels good to be part of a project like this. You are inspiring:)

Jonathan said...

Wow, that is amazing! God has a plan, and when He puts a dream in your heart, you know He will make it happen!
Congratulations on a great job and thank you for all your hard work!

Magpie Sue said...

WooHoo!!! Joy, oh joy!

sallgood said...

Congratulations on surpassing your goal, and for allowing all of us to be part of this! We are blessed to have been able to help!

Amanda Jean said...

i got goosebumps and tears in my eyes reading this post. I'm so excited to hear that 400 quilts came in. God is faithful!!!

Jessie Lathroum said...

452 QUILTS!?!?!? WOW! I am amazed! What a blessing.