Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Give Peace a Chance--Pillow and Quilt




 I got a late request for a 'Wrapped in Hope' birthday quilt last month.  I was asked to make a quilt for Dallas who had just turned 14.  Her older brother, whom she looks to as a father figure, is in prison. Here's a bit from the e-mail request I received from Dallas's mom:
'I have to be honest I was unable to give her more then a cake. She is very understanding but as a mom we know how our heart feels...I am not sure if your able to help me but a quilt from her brother would be a wonderful thing and it would really be appreciated.'

Needless to say, I happily agreed to make a peace themed quilt for Dallas--I was able to start on it this weekend--finally.  Below is what I have so far...remember I am going to use this pattern to make the quilt.  I threw the pillow together last night/today so I could enter it in the Sew Mama Sew pillow contest.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute.....
Can't wait to see how it all turns out and send it off as a belated birthday gift to Dallas!




No comments: