Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whatcha Been Up To?

 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

The Hannah Montana quilt is finished.  Pretty happy with it--the layers shifted a bit when I was quilting the inner squares so there are a few small buckles but I am sure the birthday girl won't care.  This quilt will be sent out this week to Eryka who is turning 7 this month. 
She is part of the 'Wrapped in Hope' program here at Margaret's Hope Chest.
Eryka's daddy is in prison and this quilt will be a gift from him!


The next thing I am working on is part MHC and part personal. 
A friend from my church was diagnosed with brain cancer on Saturday.
Her name is Ellie and she loves to garden and when I decided to make her a HOPE quilt I Googled the words 'Ellie's Garden Quilt' and this pattern came up. I have decided to make it scrappy and bright. So far I am loving it!

 My pile of scraps for more blocks



 And last and least right now are these fabrics that I mentioned last week.  They are still sitting on my ironing board in the exact same position. Sigh.
But, I think I have found a pattern I will use. 
Cluck Cluck Sew has an amazing collection of free quilting tutorials that I go to all of the time.
I found this circle quilt pattern here.
I thought it might be fun to change one or two of the circles into peace signs to match the theme of the quilt. 


Happy sewing to all of you this week!

3 comments:

Lee said...

Beautiful projects! How great is it that there's an "Ellie's Garden" quilt pattern? It looks wonderful and I'm sure she will treasure it.

Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday, have a fabulous week! : )

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

The Ellie's Garden quilt is beautiful...love the colours

Becky (My Fabric Obsession) said...

Love the colors on your Hanna Montana quilt. they are so fun. That is a great idea with the circle quilt!