Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 9, 2012

Finished Top!

 I just finished this 'Trip Around the World' top this morning.  After starting the dishwasher, a load of laundry and an episode of 'Wives and Daughters', I glued myself to my sewing chair and wouldn't allow myself to be distracted by children wondering why I was watching a movie in the middle of the morning :) 
I needed to get this done and out of my head so that I could focus on spring cleaning and preparing for our first set of guests who arrive next weekend! 

I am making this quilt for my daughter Anne.  The quilt I made her two years ago was accidentally packed into our long term storage--which means we won't see it again for at least 3 more years! 
And so we decided to go ahead and make a new one--this time 'A Trip Around the World' quilt for a little girl who has lived around the world--she has lived in 5 different countries in her short 10 years on this earth :) 
I love the bright colors she chose!

I am linking up to Amanda Jean's 'Finish it Up Friday'.  Have a wonderful weekend-- I will be cleaning :)

17 comments:

beth said...

It's gorgeous!! AND it looks so time consuming and hard!! So many pieces!!! I love it!

Donna~~ said...

Very pretty--lucky girl!

Summer Killebrew said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed...it's really beautiful!

Kat said...

You should run a "guess how many squares are in this quilt" contest. You must have a LOT of patience! It's really beautiful. Love it!

trish said...

What a gorgeous quilt!! :o)
You did a beautiful job.
Have a nice weekend.
Sincerely, Trish

Unknown said...

Your morning sounds like mine, right down to "Wives and Daughters!" I LOVE the quilt!!

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Great quilt. Love how bright it is.

bethanndodd said...

Marvelous! I have no doubt she is thrilled with her new quilt ;)
Smiles~Beth

Linda said...

I love it!

Sara said...

So BEAUTiful!!! I adore it:)

Jan Maree said...

just gorgeous!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

so very pretty - methinks we need one at our house . . .

Lindsey said...

I'm clicking over from Crazy Mom and HAD to comment--amazing work!!! I don't know if I'm bold enough to try it, but I sure love the way it looks!

Heather said...

SO beautiful! I'll bet she just loves it. :)

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

Wow. It looks GREAT! And I love Wives and Daughters, too.

If you finish quilting yours before I finish mine I'll be quite jealous, since you started yours after mine. ;) Have you decided how to quilt it?

Mary said...

I've wanted to make a Trip Around The World (quilt, not the real thing!) for a while. Yours is beautiful!

Amanda Jean said...

this is pure awesomeness. i'm blown away.