Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Some Real Perty Things

Have I told you that I have taken the ENTIRE month of January off from the actual act of quilting? I am allowing myself to do "quilty" things-like organize my fabric, plan future projects and read quilt blogs....but I am not allowed to open my sewing machine. So far, so good. Good thing there are so many perty things out there to distract my attention...





like these snowflakes that my daughter Anne and I have been making after all of the other kids are being tucked in and prayed with upstairs. It's a two step process--first make your papers (or buy them I suppose but that wouldn't be near as cool :)) by painting entire sheets of whilte paper with paint--using different brush strokes gives them that Eric Carle look. Then you cut out different shapes and play around with them until you find a pleasing combination. Try it-preferably with a child of your choice!



-----------------------------------------------

And how about this super cute notebook I found at Michael's yesterday for $1---I am a collector of all things HOPE so it had to come home with me!

No comments: