Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, November 19, 2010

I've Been Busy This Week

 I have been busy playing with girly fabrics this week.  What fun! This pink quilt is for a little princess named Hydie who will turn 3 in December. She is part of the 'Wrapped in Hope' birthday program



This top needed to be finished this week.  It had been sitting around and originally I thought it would be sent to volunteer longarm quilter but I decided to do a bit of hand stitching to make all of that white a little more interesting.  There was a day long ago when I only hand quilted--but time is of the essence these days--so I try to sneak it in here and there.




 I made another top of pink squares--this time I added some girly I Spy squares that I have collected from a few swaps.  By the way, if you are interested in fabric swap--I Spy or charm pack etc.  Katie is going to start a new swap and is looking for joiners--as for me--I'm in.



This is what you get when you have 3 or 4 jelly rolls of different designs in one giant bin.  
I just started sewing the strips together--4 hours later-boom! 



Now I will take a break from sewing (gasp!) and travel to my alma mater--Calvin College for a choir reunion of epic proportion!  Yeah, did I ever mention I have other hobbies--singing is one of them :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

All of these are so perfectly girly! I love the jelly roll quilt! It is so clever!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Carin!