Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry

 This is my entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  I just finished off this quilt yesterday and it will be on it's way to a new home this weekend.  A bit of history behind this quilt.  Last year, I taught a quilting class at my daughter's school during the month of February.  These blocks were designed by students ages 8-12.  They chose the fabric and did the initial sewing--our foundations were used fabric softener sheets.  I just love how BRIGHT this quilt is!  
Now, this quilt will be going to Hayleigh from Colorado.  Her daddy is in prison and she is receiving this quilt as a birthday present from him via Margaret's Hope Chest.  MHC runs a program called 'Wrapped in Hope' that serves children of incarcerated parents.  This year over 300 quilts will bring HOPE and comfort to children just like Hayleigh.  We just released our 2011 list of available children and we are looking for quilters of all skill levels to join us in this project.  Hop over to our other blog and check it out!
 I did an overall meander stitch for the quilting.
The pieced backing is equally as bright!

8 comments:

beth said...

very, very pretty. FAbric softener sheets are a great idea to use with kids and beginning quilters!!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a great color combination! What size are your finished blocks?

sunny said...

How pretty! Hayleigh will love it.

Katrina said...

I love how bright this quilt is! So beautiful!

QuiltSue said...

I'm sure Hayleigh will love it.

Katie said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful story. I'm going to look into your other blog, too.

Quiltbenaco said...

Questa trapunta è stupenda
Ciao Domenica

Pattilou said...

Those brights really do make a fun quilt. Hayleigh should really like it.