Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 18, 2011

SEEKING WARMER TEMPERATURES; WILL BE BACK IN A WEEK

It's late and I should be in bed by now but instead I am writing a blog post, downloading games onto my daughter's Leapster, gathering last minute sanity savers for the 20 hour car ride, and trying to find a needle big enough to embroider these squares (see pic. below) with. We leave tomorrow for warmer weather (praying) and a little relaxation (after the car ride is over of course).  If the kids weren't so excited I think my husband and I would have canceled the trip because we have so much going on right now but we would have 4 very sad kids and 1 very mad grandma :) so we will get as much done as we can and let the chips fall where they may. 

Anyway, the reason I am so far behind on my packing isn't because I chose to work on these blocks today--no way, not me.
Aren't they cute though? 
20 of them--all a little different.
I will stitch around the hats while I am away
and then figure out how to put it all together when I return home.
Please ignore the piles of fabric on the ground--I was supposed to be cleaning that up too :)

Hope you all have a great week!


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Have a great vacation! You deserve it! Love those Dr Seuss blocks!

hoekstra family said...

my word - those blocks are adorable - that is going to be one sought after quilt! nice work. Have a good trip - be safe, and don't forget your earplugs :)

Amy said...

cleaning - that never happens before a trip! Always on the list - but never done.

Glad you kept your priorities straight.