Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Some Encouragement For Those Who Know Hurt and Loss

I didn't write this poem 
but....
I feel as if I could have.
Maybe you could have written this poem too 
and it will encourage you today.



 An excerpt from the poem "perhaps our tears change us" - by Elizabeth High 

"perhaps our tears really do change us...
perhaps they change us on the inside...

you see...on the outside, after all my tears...I think I look the same.....just like a regular, everyday ordinary person...







but, if you had a special magnifying glass, to look way down deep inside of me...like this...
you, perhaps would see that I'm different in an invisible-ish-kind-of-way...


that's the interesting thing, you know...

we can't tell from the outside how many tears
another person has cried...nor can they see that in us...and although we would never choose the tears...they came anyway


so...perhaps this page is about HOPE

hope that...on the other side of sorrow...down the road a ways...
when time has passed and we can look back over our lives...
we will be able to see that maybe...just maybe...our arms are a little bit longer, and our ears are more sensitive, and our heart is a little bit deeper, and our hands are a little more willing to help another...


or perhaps...it's as simple as realizing

we are
stronger
than we 
ever
could
have imagined..."

1 comment:

Dana Gaffney said...

That is wonderful, thank you.