Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Labels

I have had two comments from people who don't see their quilt amongst the 436 we posted in the Picasa album--there was some confusion last week at "quilt central" (aka my mom's house) whether or not there was a bag of quilts being labeled by a volunteer and therefore would not be photographed by myself (remember that I live 6 hours from quilt central). These two comments from loving quilt-makers confirm in my mind that indeed, there was a bag of quilts that were not photographed. I apologize for this--managing 500 quilts is a huge job and we have learned a few lessons from this project in organization :). If you are worried about whether we received your quilt, please send me an email or leave a comment with your name and a brief description of your quilt. We will confirm with you the status of your quilt. I have faith that they have all arrived but there is a possibility that one or two were misplaced :(

Speaking of labels.....did you know that each quilt will be labeled before it is given to a homeless child? Sounds like a lot of work doesn't it? Not when you have help!

 


A big thank-you to a special group of family and friends who, over the past several weeks, have been hand-sewing labels on more than 300 quilts - Aunt Bea, Jan, Connie, Hermie, Jean, Sue, June, Helen, Ruth, Nancy, and Aunt Ruth. We couldn't have done it without them!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Wait! I looked through the photos more closely and found it!
Mine is 114. I'm glad it made it!