Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 13, 2012

Fabulous Friday Finishes


**A reminder that the March/April Project Hope is still going on.  Please consider making String blocks for birthday quilts for children who have a parent in prison.  All the information is HERE.  Blocks can be sent up until April 30th (or a little later :))**
This week in addition to some more HST quilt tops, I wanted to show you some progress I have made into making my new house in Bermuda a home.  This is my bedroom-well, our bedroom.  It was the last room in the house to get a little TLC and a personal touch.  I wanted to incorporate blues into the room because it reminds me of the beautiful water colors here.

I finished these curtains last week--I love all the different blues.

Oh, and just in case you wonder what I do when I am not parenting and sewing (which is about 30 minutes from 10:45pm -11:15pm) I enjoy reading a wide variety of books.  Here is the current stack next to my bed.  I actually just finished 'Bittersweet' by Shauna Niequist and I really liked her style of writing-like a journal.  I am currently reading 'Same Lake, Different Boat' which is about learning to include people with disabilities in our lives.  Did you know that I was a Special Education major in college? Yeah, I have a huge bursting heart for people with disabilities especially those with Down's Syndrome.  As you can see 'The 100 Thing Challenge' is next in line.  I am a little nervous to read this book because I am afraid he is going to suggest that my life would be better if I got rid of some of my fabric!!! 
Anyway, back to my bedroom....
My sister, who was visiting from Chicago this week,  made me these pillows last night.  Isn't she grand?!  See, she knows how to put in an invisible zipper which makes her even grander.
The orange is a voile--ooh la la! Fancy.  Don't worry, my kids can sniff a new pillow from a mile away and soon these four beauties will be incorporated into the world's biggest and best living room fort.





That is my 'ocean-view' from my bedroom window.  (the ocean is that darker blue under the lighter blue)



I did get lots of sewing done this week--even with 11 people in the house....
Seven more HST tops.  These are all baby quilts.






And last but not least, I sandwiched and pinned the airplane quilt which is now on it's way back to Michigan where it will be hand-quilted.  I hope to see it again in June :) 

Linking up to Amanda Jean's Finish it Up Friday!!
Have a great weekend!
I'll be back on Sunday with a special GIVEAWAY in honor of our 5th anniversary and the 7th anniversary of my grandma's death.  Until then, maybe you can think of someone you know that is in need of HOPE and comfort......

9 comments:

Amy Friend said...

You are just amazing, I hope you know that!

Lynn said...

Wow, what a fun, busy post! The curtains are beautiful and I love all the hst tops! I'm ashamed of the little bit I've done this week, right now I'm turning off the computer, ignoring the dishes in the sink and going to sew.

Kat said...

Wow, you are a BUSY lady!! I can't even pick a favorite. Great view! I'm not sure I'd get anything done if I had that to look at all day :-)

Jennifer said...

Wow! I love every single one of them! And your bedroom is gorgeous...

Jennifer :)

SoSarahSews said...

Beautiful projects! I love the curtains, too!

SeeLifeMarvels said...

Blue water. My favorite view! Well, either blue or turquoise or sea foam or aqua or emerald. I'm sure you understand. My 9 year old daughter, aka BabyBird, loves looking at the pictures of the HST tops and picking out the fabric SHE chose with me. All of them are beautiful!

beth said...

love all those hst quilts!! you are indeed amazing!

Maureen said...

Will be sending blocks closer to the end of the month. Love all the HST quilts!

Shauna said...

You have been busy! Beautiful bedroom with a beautiful view!