Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 31, 2011

Back in the Saddle

I didn't quilt this weekend.
Did you read that carefully?
I didn't quilt this weekend--actually, I didn't quilt from Thursday-Sunday.
4 days.
I am still in state of disbelief myself.
You see, aside from being who I am here
I am a mother
and a wife
and an occasional worship leader at my church.
A few months ago I agreed (volunteered ?) to go to a worship conference
Well, the date crept up on me and before I knew what had happened it was last week Thursday and I was waking up at 5am and driving 6 hours to my alma mater Calvin College.
To say I was completely unprepared for this conference would be the understatement of the year.
I sat down in my first seminar on Thursday morning--Faith Formation in Children-- and the leader said "Please take out your Bible and turn to blah, blah (I don't remember what passage but it isn't important)"
Um....
I didn't bring my Bible.
Worse than that, it never even crossed my mind to bring my Bible.
Needless to say, it took the first day to wipe my mind clear of everything else--(read-quilting)
and concentrate on what God would have me learn in other areas of my life besides quilting :)

An added bonus of the weekend was that I was able to spend 4 days with the worship coordinator from our church who I knew before the weekend but didn't really know.
I now have eyes to see how important this time was for her
I have now gained a new wonderful sister in Christ.

But, the weekend is over and I am back in the saddle here at MHC.
While I was gone 
God was busy stirring hearts to service and you are never going to believe the number of available children on our 'Wrapped in Hope' Birthday list.....

36
Huh? How did that happen??
On January 19 we had 86 kids available---50 kids have been taken in less than two weeks.
A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

You all are making my job so easy and enjoyable!







1 comment:

hoekstra family said...

Wow! - I am glad you had a good trip. I am sad I didn't get to see you.