Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 13, 2011

On A Roll

I am on a roll this week--I love deadlines--they put a fire under my sewing machine.
Actually, both of these quilts are for boys on our 'Wrapped in Hope' list.  Both with birthdays toward the end of this month.  

This basketball quilt is for Montinez.  He likes sports-so I used the 'Fair and Square' pattern that Amanda Jean from Crazy Mom Quilts designed for Margaret's Hope Chest.  Perfect! Have you used this free pattern?? 2 yards of a solid fabric and 33 print squares and viola! Here is an idea--go to the birthday list and pick a young man who likes sports (there are NINETEEN available) and use this pattern (if you need the pattern e-mail me) to make him a special birthday gift!
Each of these boys is looking for people to show them love and kindness...let's work together and give it to them!



This fire truck quilt is for Zachary.  He likes John Deere and fire trucks.  I thought for sure that I had John Deere fabric in the house and I envisioned a reversible quilt but lo and behold not even a scrap of John Deere....so I went with the fire trucks.  I had fun with this one and my 2 year old son (who loves fire trucks) gave me some design advice.



And finally, have you seen the quilt ticker on the side bar??? 814 quilts my friends.  Can you believe it?  That number will be climbing to over 900 by the end of this month (we have two large giveaways coming up soon) and then we will celebrate! The celebration will continue until we reach the number that I never dreamed we would reach 1000 lives touched through a quilt in under 4 years! Only by God's grace and provision. So stayed tune for some celebration surprises!!

1 comment:

SherryB said...

I love the fire truck quilt, especially the striped binding. I'm sure Zachary will love his quilt.
You have such an eye for fabrics; I enjoy seeing what you make colorwise and the patterns you choose. Such an inspiration for us!