Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

'Wrapped in Hope' Birthday Quilt Giving Program

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are


 you doing for others?" Martin Luther King Jr.


In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. day in the States, I will once again draw your attention to our 'Wrapped in Hope' birthday quilt program.

Over the past few days I have added about 15 new children including lots of little girls who love pink, purple and princesses!  Who doesn't like to make a pink and purple princess quilt?  
I also added the 4th set of twins(July 12th--Craig and Gabrielle) on our list this year.

Maybe you already have a quilt made that is just sitting around and waiting for an opportunity to touch someone's life.  Well, I would say this is as good as it gets. The quilt you give will be the only present that a child will get from his/her parent this year.  Wow.  
It just might be the only birthday gift the child receives from that parent over their entire childhood. Here is an example from a family I just added yesterday:
4 kids-- Isaiah age 4, Destiny age 5, Hailey age 2, and Reyanna aged 4 months.
This is what mom said when requesting these quilts--
"I would love for them to have something to remember their daddy who was sentenced to 18 years before the holidays!" 
***************
Reyanna will be 18 when her dad leaves prison.  You could be part of bringing HOPE and comfort to this precious child's life by making a quilt that she will always know was from her daddy.  

So, as Martin Luther King Jr. asks--so will I--
"What are you doing for others TODAY"

Join us!
and e-mail me with your choice!

1 comment:

Finn said...

Your project and your words touch my heart so deeply. I would happily make each and every one of them a quilt if I were able to manage that. For now I'm making two birthday quilts and have some extras ready to ship to you. I'm also spreading the word in my small rural area. So far I've found one willing heart to join the effort. God's richest blessings on all you do. Hugs, Finn