Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Gentle Reminder

Sometimes I wonder if what we are doing at MHC is really worth it.  
Sometimes I doubt that I am doing it the 'right' or 'best' way.  
Sometimes I am tired and think about quitting.

Sometimes I ask God to send me a sign to verify that this is HIS plan.
Well, I asked on Monday.
I got this e-mail today.
A gentle reminder to keep working hard.

 
Dear Margarets Hope Chest:
 Your organization provided a quilt for my husband Rick, back in February 2009.  My husband had been diagnoised with Early On Set Alzheimers at the age of 53.  I can still see the smile on his face when he opened his package, a precious memory.  Shortly after I sent a thank you to you along with a picture of Rick and his quilt, the smile..... 
Today, I've been going through things and low and behold, Rick's Quilt.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I'm sorry to inform you that I lost my husband, soul mate and best friend this past July 22, 2010.  Rick was only 56 years young. The joy in his eyes and smile upon his face after receiving your quilt will never be forgotten.  I'm sure as he looks down upon us all now, he remembers.  I'll never forget, the quilt will remain with me now as a precious memory of my husband and the wonderful thoughtful people in this world who give without question. Thank you again for your kindness and the happiness you brought to Rick and myself.  I hope 2011 will be a better year and I try and re-build my broken life.

4 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

That is so beautiful. I have to say, I haven't gotten pics up yet but my Daddy loved his quilt so much and he cried. He had my Mom print off my comment from the entry in the giveaway and the post where you posted the winner and he has all the stuff you sent with it together in a frame. He loves the quilt and the day he got it he just sat there holding it for the longest time and he sleeps with it every night. Thank you so much.

Wendy said...

That is beautiful. I read it out loud to my husband choking back tears. Thanks for sharing. If you ever had any doubts...they should be banished now.

marilyn said...

God answers our prayers. Sometimes we just need to ask.

Gale, Ky quilter said...

I was just talking about you to my my sister last night. You gave a quilt last summer to my cousin and his wife after losing their son to murder. They were so touched by your kindness and so appreciative that someone thought of their son. Margaret, his mother, (no coincidence there) has now taken up quilting. Not only did you provide a beautiful quilt but she is starting a journey that we quilters know is enjoyable, uplifting and at times very comforting. Thank you once again.
Gale