Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm Not Sure How It Happened but......It's Wednesday Again

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
I can't believe it is Wednesday again.
My weeks fly by.
Thank goodness I am joining Lee at Freshly Pieced each week
or I might never believe or remember that I get anything done.
I have finished my quilt top from last week--
a birthday quilt for Nichole.
I did ask for suggestions on quilting--and then had the nerve to completely ignore all suggestions and do my own large scale meander stitch.  I was running out of time and panicked. I was afraid if I did something unique I would miss my deadline.



 Next, I made these 3 bags for the beginning of my Craft Hope donation.
They are collecting birth kits for mothers in Haiti.  Since I was blessed enough to have had 4 wonderfully clean and modern births (3 in the US and 1 in Canada) I committed to making 4 of these sets for Craft Hope.  Have you had a clean and comfortable birth in the US or Canada (or elsewhere)?
Consider making a few of these kits. Here is what needs to be in each kit.
Contents of safe birthing kit:
1 small bar of soap (updated 1/16/2011)
1 piece of clean plastic sheeting (3 feet wide by 4 feet long)
1 piece of clean string, 24 inches long
1 packet alcohol wipe
1 set of sterile latex gloves
1 packet (or travel container) Purelle
1 handmade tote bag
Optional:
receiving blanket–36 inches square
small “stuffy” toy
The bags are just the first step--I need to make receiving blankets and collect the other needed supplies.  The deadline is March 1st so I think I have left myself enough time.




And finally, I am sending out these bundles of 4 inch squares for an 'I Spy' swap hosted by FabriKate.
I am sending out 200 and getting 200 back--I love to see the fun variety of kids fabrics out there!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I hadn't heard of that Craft Hope fundraiser ~ great idea! And I love your pile of I Spy blocks ~ so fun!!

Lee said...

That Craft Hope project is wonderful, I should put that on my already lengthy list! And I love your quilt - good choice on the quilting, it looks adorable.

Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday! Looks like you got a lot done! See you next week.

Anonymous said...

I really like your quilt. The black and pink look great together.